Greenstar Fertilizing Service
Greenstar Fertilizing Service specializes in all aspects of lawn and garden fertilization. Our knowledgeable State Licensed fertilization specialists can provide services ranging from one-time service for special situations to quarterly fertilization plans that take care of your entire property all year long. We will custom build a fertilization program for you based on the plants and soil conditions on your property. This will allow maximum benefit that will produce years of lush, thick, green grass, bold, vibrant, colorful blooms on your ornamentals and healthy, strong palms that will be the envy of your neighborhood.
There are many benefits to proper fertilization in South Florida’s unique environment. They include:
- Proper fertilization leads to healthy plant growth.
- Proper fertilization reduces weeds, disease and pests in your lawn and garden.
- Proper fertilization reduces the need for pesticides and herbicides, thus helping the environment.
- A healthy landscape makes your property stand out against others in the neighborhood.
- Potassium, phosphorous and nitrogen are the key elements in fertilizer that are necessary for proper plant growth. We balance the mix of these three to your landscape’s specific needs.
- Macro nutrients maintain deep green colors and restore health in lawn and plant organisms.
- Slow release of these macro nutrients and bio-stimulants keep everything healthy between our visits.
- Properly fertilized lawns can help filter out impurities and runoff by absorbing pollutants.
Fertilization Practices and Mixtures Depend on Type of Plant
Proper fertilization is vital to maintaining proper plant health. For trees, fertilizer should be placed in an area slightly larger than the canopy of the tree. This will provide proper nutrients to the feeder roots that tend to be close to the surface within this area. Applying smaller amounts of fertilizer at more frequent intervals helps prevent leaching, reduces waste and protects the environment.
Palms have different fertilizer requirements than other landscape plants and thus require special palm fertilizers. Using an incorrect fertilizer can bring about or intensify nutrient deficiencies in palms.
Quarterly fertilization will prevent over fertilizing. Over fertilizing can lead to pest problems, excessive watering needs and contamination of the aquifer.
Best Fertilization Practices
It is important to follow best practices when applying fertilizer on your property. Performing water tests will determine pH balances and performing soil tests will ensure the needs of each organism are met. Proper cutting and pruning promotes photosynthesis, which most plants rely on for health and growth and preserves vital macro nutrients.
The State of Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services requires a Commercial Fertilizer Applicator license when applying fertilizer to any residential or commercial property in the State of Florida. Greenstar Fertilizing Service provides such licensed applicators who have also completed the Green Industry’s Best Management Practices training. This ensures they know how to best conserve and protect Florida’s ground and surface waters.
Keeping your landscape healthy with a customized fertilizing program will make your property stand out like a tropical flowering paradise and provide all the benefits listed above. An additional benefit of our regular service is a tropical landscape that always looks its best. Greenstar has been beautifying and improving landscapes in South Florida for 30+ years. We would love the opportunity to provide our services to you.