JOIN OUR TEAM!
Established South Florida Landscape Company seeking qualified, highly organized and experienced Landscape Irrigation Technician to join our growing team, which caters to commercial and government clients in the fields of landscape maintenance, design & installation, and arbor care. Sample day for Irrigation Technician is to performed scheduled monthly "wet checks", troubleshoot issues, report issues to area supervisors, and complete repairs such as replacing sprinkler heads, lines, check valves, solenoids, timers, and pumps.
- Salary is $29K-$33K
- Paid continuous education and training
- Sign-On Bonus first year and after first year bi-annual reviews and performance bonuses
- Long term, steady employment
- Weekly Pay – Direct Deposit
- Proper Tools & Equipment
- 5 Paid holidays (post probation period) + 5 days PTO after the first year
Show full job description
Ideal Candidate, Responsibilities and Duties:
Perform thorough wet checks of irrigation system to ensure the working condition and coverage of all zones and sprinkler heads.
- Remove debris from clogged heads and adjust rotors and spray heads for maximum coverage and optimal performance.
- Inspect all controllers and adjust settings as needed according to water requirements of each zone.
- Install and maintain clocks, timers and rain sensors.
- Install irrigation pumps, check valves, well head and screen.
- Install zone valves, electrical valves, and manifolds.
- Proficient and knowledgeable in the inner workings of all PVC pipe fittings in the installation of sprinkler heads, pop up and rotors.
- Communicate effectively with clients, supervisor and other employees.
- Care for all company equipment and maintain inventory on service vehicles.
- Manage all jobs and projects with the highest quality and in the most efficient way.
To be considered for this position you must have the following:
- Minimum of two years’ experience as an irrigation technician.
- Physically fit to perform the demanding work of the outdoor irrigation trade.
- Basic knowledge of clocks, pumps, valves and the inner workings of an efficient irrigation system.
- Must be able to speak and interact with our clients and employees in a professional manner.
- Pride in your work and in having high quality standards.
- Willingness to work in various extreme weather conditions.
- High school graduate.
- Valid and clean driver license.
- Own transportation to and from work.
- Energetic, independent with a high degree of integrity.
- Determination to represent and work in the best interests of the company.