JOIN OUR TEAM!
Irrigation Apprentice/Helper - Entry-Level Position
Job Description: Greenstar Landscaping and Irrigation Co. is looking for career minded and highly motivated individuals, with a clean driver's license, who are looking for a permanent position in the irrigation and landscaping industry. Full-time - 40 hours per week. Long-term commitment is preferred. Competitive pay and benefits. Commensurate with experience. ($9-$11/hr)
- Paid continuous education and training
- Sign-On Bonus first year and after first year bi-annual reviews and performance bonuses
- Long term, steady employment
- Weekly Pay – Direct Deposit
- Proper Tools & Equipment
- 5 Paid holidays (post probation period) + 5 days PTO after the first year
Ideal Candidate Responsibilities and Duties:
- Dig and backfill trenches, clean and grade area for re-sodding.
- Cut and remove existing sod from areas that are to be trenched and re-install the sod in trenches that have been backfilled.
- Install funny pipe and funny pipe connections.
- Install rotors and pop up heads, level with grade.
- Cut PVC piping and apply primer and glue.
- Make alterations using appropriate PVC fittings.
- Assist irrigation technician in making repairs and alterations.
- Assist technician in all aspects of day to day assignments.
To be Considered for this Position, You Must Have the Following:
- A minimum of six month’s experience as an irrigation helper or the ability and willingness to learn and be trained for a career in irrigation.
- Physically fit to perform the demanding work of the outdoor irrigation trade.
- Must be able to speak and interact with our clients and employees in a professional manner.
- Must be a team player, self-motivated and can work closely with others.
- Pride in your work and having high quality standards.
- Willingness to learn and develop.
- Dependable and able to be relied upon to always show up on time.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, if needed.
- Willingness to work in various extreme weather conditions.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent. (plus)
- Valid and clean driver’s license.
- Own transportation to and from work.
- Speak English fluently. Bilingual a plus.
- Energetic, independent with a high degree of integrity.
- Determination to represent and work in the best interests of the company.
- Must submit to and pass drug and alcohol screening.
Please only apply if you meet the criteria listed above. We will contact you to schedule an interview if we feel that you would be a good match. If you have additional questions after visiting our website, please contact us directly at 305-661-6958.