JOIN OUR TEAM!
Irrigation Apprentice/Helper - Entry-Level Position
Job Description: Greenstar Landscaping and Irrigation Co. is looking for career-minded and highly motivated individuals, with a clean driver's license, who are looking for a permanent position in the irrigation and landscaping industry. The Irrigation Assistant position is full-time - 40 hours per week. Long-term commitment is preferred. Competitive pay and benefits. Commensurate with experience. ($13-$15/hr). The Irrigation Assistant position is an entry level position with great growth potential. Gain the knowledge and experience needed for advancement.
Irrigation Assistant Benefits:
- Paid continuous education and training
- Bi-annual reviews and performance bonuses
- Long term, steady employment
- Weekly Pay $13 - $15 per hour
- Direct Deposit
- Proper Tools & Equipment
- 5 Paid holidays (post probation period) + 5 days PTO after the first year
Irrigation Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Dig and backfill trenches, clean and grade area for re-sodding.
- Cut and remove existing sod from areas that are to be trenched and re-install the sod in trenches that have been backfilled.
- Install funny pipe and funny pipe connections.
- Install rotors and pop up heads, level with grade.
- Cut PVC piping and apply primer and glue.
- Make alterations using appropriate PVC fittings.
- Assist irrigation technician in making repairs and alterations.
- Assist technician in all aspects of day-to-day assignments.
Irrigation Assistant Must Have:
- A minimum of six month’s experience as an irrigation helper or the ability and willingness to learn and be trained for a career in irrigation.
- Physically fit to perform the demanding work of the outdoor (extreme weather) irrigation trade.
- Must be able to speak and interact with our clients and employees in a professional manner.
- Must be a team player, self-motivated and can work closely with others.
- Pride in your work and having high quality standards.
- Dependable and able to be relied upon to always show up on time.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, if needed.
- Valid and clean driver’s license.
- Own transportation to and from work.
- Speak English fluently. Bilingual a plus.
- Must submit to and pass drug and alcohol screening.
Apply today. Work right away. Please only apply if you meet the criteria listed above. We will contact you to schedule an interview if we feel that you would be a good match.