JOIN OUR TEAM!
What We Expect from You: We are looking for hard-working people with a good attitude, who set goals for themselves and have a genuine desire to succeed in life. Our employees should always set a good example, treat others as they want to be treated and represent themselves in a professional manner. We expect our employees to always do what’s right… especially when nobody is watching. We expect our employees to care, be prideful, take initiative, listen, and ask good questions.
What You Should Expect from Us: You should expect to be given every opportunity to succeed and be encouraged to always reach your highest potential. You should expect to work hard, but also be appreciated for it. You should expect to earn a fair and competitive wage and be given the proper tools and resources to do your job. Lastly, you should always be treated fairly and with given proper respect.
Job Description: We are looking for career minded and highly motivated individuals, with a clean driver's license, who are looking for a permanent position in the irrigation and landscaping industry. Full-time - 40 hours per week. Long-term commitment is preferred. Competitive pay and benefits. Commensurate with experience. ($16-$20/hr)
Experienced Irrigation Foreman
Ideal Candidate, Responsibilities and Duties
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve problems in the irrigation field.
- Perform thorough wet checks of irrigation system to ensure the working condition and coverage of all zones and sprinkler heads.
- Remove debris from clogged heads and adjust rotors and spray heads for maximum coverage and optimal performance.
- Responsible for performing regularly scheduled irrigation inspections.
- Inspect, repair and maintain all valves and solenoids.
- Inspect all controllers and adjust settings as needed according to water requirements of each zone.
- Install and maintain clocks, timers and rain sensors.
- Inspect hose bibs, gate valves, pressure gauges, release and other components of the pump station.
- Tracking electrical components/trouble-shooting.
- Install irrigation pumps, check valves, well head and screen.
- Install zone valves, electrical valves, and manifolds.
- Proficient and knowledgeable in the inner workings of all PVC pipe fittings in the installation of sprinkler heads, pop up and rotors.
- Inspect suction lines and canal floatation devices to assure no loss of prime.
- Maintain excellent customer service with clients and vendors.
- Supervise others performing irrigation projects and installations.
- Complete all paperwork on time and accurately.
- Communicate effectively with clients, supervisor and other employees.
- Care for all company equipment, tools and supplies.
- Maintain inventory on service vehicle and updating inventory list, as needed.
- Manage all jobs and projects with the highest quality and in the most efficient way.
- Knowledge of current codes and be able to read irrigation blueprints a plus.
To be considered for this position, you must have the following:
- Minimum of three years’ experience as an irrigation technician.
- Physically fit to perform the demanding work of the outdoor irrigation trade.
- Basic knowledge of clocks, pumps, valves and the inner workings of an efficient irrigation system.
- Must be able to speak and interact with our clients and employees in a professional manner.
- Must be a team player, self-motivated and be able to work closely with others.
- Pride in your work and having high quality standards.
- Willingness to learn and develop.
- Dependable and able to be relied upon to always show up on time.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, if needed.
- Willingness to work in various extreme weather conditions.
- Knowledge of irrigation installation, diagnostics, repairs and alterations.
- Landscape maintenance and installation, as needed.
- Ability to work in a result-driven environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced problem solving skills and proven time management.
- High school graduate.
- Valid and clean driver license.
- Own transportation to and from work.
- Speak English fluently. Bilingual a plus.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with little to no supervision.
- Energetic, independent with a high degree of integrity.
- Determination to represent and work in the best interests of the company.
- Must submit to and pass drug and alcohol screening.
Salary is $31K-$42K.
Growth and Advancement Opportunities
Paid Vacation (after 1 year employment)
Paid Holidays (after 1 year employment)
Please email resume and complete our on-line application below.
No phone calls please.
Please only apply if you have experience in landscaping and irrigation as described above. We will contact you to schedule an interview if we feel you would be a good match.